Where – Aiming for a Safe No Contact Race
- Start, finish is at The Sullivan at Rock Hill – 283 Rock Hill Drive, Rock Hill, NY. No post race festivities due to Covid regulations.
- Results will be online. Link will be posted at a later date.
Bib and Packet Pick Up
There will be no packet pick up on race day unless absolutely necessary but highly discouraged.
- Packet pick up in Goshen on 3/5 and 3/6/21. Site address here.
- Packet pick up in Poughkeepsie 3/7/21 – Site address here
- Limited pick up on Saturday 3/13/21
- If you want yours mailed, the shipping charge is $7.70 to $8.70. Shipping option is here
Race Start – Waves
- 10:00 a.m. March 14th, 2021. Official Start. We will follow all CDC and state regulations regarding gatherings.
- Participants will be sent in waves of 40, three runners at a time every ten seconds. Waves will go every five minutes.
- Masks are required during the start time while in your corral. Please put it back on at the finish to receive your medal.
- There will be a corral for those starting and a corral behind for those waiting to go next.
- 9:30 a.m. Early Start option is available only to those who expect to finish in more than 2 hours 30 minutes. Subject to Race Director’s discretion. Early Start is meant to allow walkers and slower runners to finish with the pack and join the post race festivities, food & awards ceremony. If you plan on finishing faster than 2 1/2 hours, do not take the early start option or you may be DQ and not be eligible for awards and piss off the race director. She is mean.
- Walker Start is 8:45 a.m. Walkers must have one foot on the ground at all times (two off the ground you’re running or flying!) Walkers who are seen running (or flying) by spotters will be scored as runners.
- Course and finish line closes at 1:30 PM. That gives you 5 hours to finish the race.
- New design Jackets to first 500 registered participants. Prior year SWAG and very beautiful available to those who come after the 500 #.
- Unpicked SWAG is not mailed.
- Personalized bibs when registered by February 20.
- Medals to all finishers
Lucia Rein Two Person Relay
Lucia walked CLHM years before being diagnosed with cancer. She continued to walk the race while fighting. When it became difficult for her to breath and still wanted to participate, the Two Person Relay was created for her. Ideal for those who want to be part of the race and its cause, but are unable to do the entire distance. 1st leg 7.5 miles, 2nd leg 5.6.
First leg starts with 10:00 am participants. Buses transport partners to the exchange and pick up the ones already done. We encourage you to take the buses. Covid guidelines will be followed: Masks must be worn to board, seats will be skipped to allow for social distancing.
During The Race
- There will be Water and Gatorade at fluid stations every two miles, but you are advised to carry your own bottle.
- Gels handed out at approximately mile 5.5
- On Course Porta potties available at miles 3, and 10. One more at relay exchange mile 7.5, and if you spot one somewhere along the way, use it. If on our course, it’s game.
- Main portions of The course will be closed to traffic.
- Finisher’s Medal to all who cross the finish line
- Professional Photography by Steve Kiel Photography on course and finish line.
After The Race
- A food bag provided The Outback of Middletown will be offered to Participants as they finish while quantities last. We try to feed everyone, but if we run out, please be understanding. If you have special dietary needs or preferences, please plan accordingly.
- Massage offered by Tony Trujillo. – unavailable due to no contact policy
Post Race Awards will be mailed
- Top 3 overall male and female
- Top 3 overall cancer survivors male and female (may place in other categories)
- Top 3 overall in the Walkers category
- Top 3 overall in the Relay category
- Top 3 male and female in the following age groups of the Run category: 16 and under, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 – 79 and 80 and over because 80 and up are awesome!
Certification & Timing
- Professionally electronically timed by Super Race Systems.
- USATF Course Re-Certification done in November 2020. USATF CERTIFICATION #NY10002JG
C3 – The Celebrate Club Cup – there will be no C3 in 2021
- The C3 will be presented to the Club with the most PRE-registered members. Must have over 15 members pre-registered to qualify.
- The Fast C3 will be awarded to the Club with the fastest times of their top 5 runners.
- Carpooling is advisable. You may park at Crystal Run Health Care. Please refrain from parking in the church parking lot and on the road near the start/finish area.
- We regret there are no refunds.
- Results will be online.
The Motivational Mile –
A display of names honoring a loved one who has faced cancer and/or encouraging one of the participants. The names stretch along mile one and 11 reminding you with each step you take of the contribution you are making in the fight against cancer. To include the name of someone you would like to honor and remember in your run, submit a donation of $40 per sign. You may take the sign with you on your second round (mile 11.)
Pay by PayPal or send check with name of Honoree to PO Box 965 Rock Hill, NY 12775. Expect email from Race Director Myriam Loor verifying the information before the race. If you do not get an email directly from Race Director at some point, yell at her preferably before the race. Remember she observes Lent and is not drinking at that time.
All Motivational Mile signs are confirmed before printing. If you didn’t hear from me…I don’t have it and you won’t see it.